Born in Montreal, Quebec, Michael moved to BC in the late seventies after several visits. Some of his first jobs were a logger, treeplanter and silvicultural contractor. Always the artist and photographer, he prefers wildlife and The Natural World. “I try to paint what I've experienced, seen, and feel”. This includes portraits, landscapes, and sometimes non-figurative subject matter.
Michael is founder and CEO of Wild @ Art of Vancouver and uses several art studios in the DTES area.
Awards and Kudos:
- “Momentum Award” recipient of the Community Impact Award, to those who have made a considerable impact to the community, from mission Possible/Artworks Studios.
- Diploma in Community and Addictions Program with Honors, Stenberg College, Surrey, BC.
- Communications, Social Studies, Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Motivational Interviewing.
- Winner of Hope in the Shadows, Voted Best Community Photo and Two Honorable Mentions, 2012/13.
- Winner of the Carnegie Centre's, Graphic Logo Button Designs
- Participation and Graphic Muralist for City of Vancouver's Homegrown Festival, Powell Street Festival, Aboriginal Day Festivities, Reconciliation Walk, Heart of the City Festival, Eastside Culture Crawl, Vancouver Draw Down 2014, and Anonymous Art Show 2014.